Sunday, December 26, 2010

The 4 Hour Body

Seven Christmases later (and one more to go) we are finally back in our apartment, several tv series richer, plus two nooks, several books, and assorted household appliances. I'm also richer a WiiFit, which is awesome. My weight loss had been severely stunted in the last couple weeks, but I finally made it to 138 this morning, which is ten pounds lighter than I was when I said, "Oy. I am fat, " for the first time. And Jordan has been talking about joining a gym and gaining some muscle, so this is a good start for both of us.

Also, I bought (on my Nook! Eep!) a book called "The 4 Hour Body." I'm thinking about working through a couple of the different "courses" that he gives on the book, starting with the diet that he gives called the "Slow-Carb Diet." His basic intention in the book is to make the biggest change in your body with the least amount of work. The Slow-Carb Diet has these five rules:

1. Avoid white carbs
2. Eat the same few meals over and over
3. Don't drink calories
4. Don't eat fruit
5. Take one day off a week

My favorite is the one day off. He tells the reader that he would go out of his way to basically eat fat. And on top of that, you need to eat that way once a week so that your metabolism won't slow down. Amazing. I am going to make a journal of the wonderful things I will gorge myself on.

In any case, I will probably only do this diet for a couple weeks. I don't really need to lose that much, although it would be awesome to lose about ten more pounds or so. 120 is my overall goal weight, but I don't want to do it on this diet. I can't stick with it that long. Ten pounds would be plenty.

My menu this week? Roughly:

Sunday 6:00:
3 Chicken breasts
Broccoli and Cauliflower
Spinach (which I will never eat from a can again)

Monday thru Thursday
Breakfast:
3 Eggs (2 whites, 1 with yolk)
4 Strips of turkey bacon
Cauliflower

1st Lunch:
2 Chicken Breasts
Cauliflower and Broccoli

2nd Lunch:
5 Strips of turkey bacon
Black beans
Cauliflower and Broccoli

Supper:
3 Chicken Breasts
Cauliflower and Broccoli
Black beans


Friday will be mostly up to my family, because we're having Christmas with my grandparents.

So... starting weight, 138.

And if I make it to 128 and fit the measurements, I'm going to get this:


In other news, I have kind of lost count of the books. So I'm going to read a few more then re-vamp my list. I bought an anthology of 50 classics for $3 on my Nook, so I will probably replace some. Holla!

No comments:

Post a Comment