Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Library

I did everything on that fitness list for a week. Lost one pound. It's a little discouraging, but I know that it shouldn't be. I feel like a spoiled brat when I say it out loud. It will come off. It will. I just have to be patient and persistent.

I found the library the other day. I mean, I had went in and got a card when we first moved here two years ago, but I actually went in and got books the other day. This will be surprising for my readership, I'm sure, but I had never checked out a book from a library until Wednesday. It was so thrilling. No, seriously. It was a childhood dream come true.

We lived in a tiny town next to a slightly larger tiny town. The slightly larger tiny town had a library that the surrounding areas could use, but there were a lot of stipulations (because we didn't pay in taxes there) and it was just a lot of trouble and my parents would rather buy me books. That's awesome, but I always wanted to check books out. Because getting your parents to buy you something is a lot of work and begging, but renting for free isn't nearly as big of a deal.

I wandered around for a while, picking books up and putting them down and, overall, feeling an overwhelming amount of anxiety about what I picked. It wasn't until I left that I realized... it was free, I can get 15 books at a time, if I don't like it there is no obligation to read it.

Now I can hardly wait to go back. I'm like a little kid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment