Saturday, May 5, 2012

Realizations

First of all, wow, Blogger. I now have no idea how to get anywhere. Just when I get comfortable.

My life is such a hot mess right now. I keep considering doing a yearly update and then I realize that I just don't have time to do that right now. Besides that, I want some content with real meat.

Recent changes in our lives:

1. Jordan has a new job

Jordan is the new choir director at Cape Central High School. We are both so excited (if a little nervous) about this change. He will be going from being one of three choir directors to the sole director, so the work load will definitely change. But he will get to do things his own way and be in charge (which is very important to him). It will be his program. We will miss the friends we made at Jackson, but, really... most of them live 3 minutes away from us so we probably won't miss them that much.

2. We are starting the envelope system

After a crash and burn with our checking/savings account this month, I decided that as much as I hate keeping track of money, it is, in fact, a necessity. And since I know that I would live in a cardboard box before I would balance my checkbook, I decided that the envelope system was our best bet for survival.

I will explain the envelope system for those of you who have been living under a rock. Basically, every time Jordan gets paid, I will take all the money out except our mortgage payment and some padding in case an unexpected check rolls through. Now I know when all our bills are due and whether or not we actually have the money to pay them. We just have to get to the 20th now with approximately $40. We can do it!

3. I realized that I work from home

Ever since I quit my full time job I have just ran around the house like a crazy person, trying to keep it perfect. One day, I realized that I had missed out on about three weeks of checks because I didn't have time to work. I was cleaning too much.

I have now made a list of priorities. Do they start with housework? Yes. I am a mom first. But being a good mom, to me, means my baby is fed, bathed, changed, and loved. I am a wife second. Being a good wife to me means that our house doesn't stink from dirty dishes and my husband has clean clothes. So I do the dishes, put a load of laundry in, bathe our child, check the envelopes, and then get to work.

Eventually, I would like for this blog to be a part of my work, honestly. But I have yet to make it that kind of priority. Maybe one day.

4. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up

I am pretty sure I want a lot of children to share it with, though. And I know I want to be creative. And help people. That's about all I've got for now. As long as we don't starve and we're all happy, I think that's ok.

5. I'm not fat

Am I at my healthy goal weight yet? No. But I wear a size 8 jeans and that's not fat. That's average. I will take average for now and work it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment