I am by no means huge. Like I said before, I am normal. However, I look like I could eat my whole family. In fact, it looks like I might have already chowed down on a couple of them.
If I was always a bigger person I would just say that my body type is different. But it's not. 150 pounds on us looks like 200 pounds on somebody else. My mom looks healthy and fit and she is a whopping 115 pounds.
I haven't been that weight since junior high. Because of how evenly I distribute weight, 130 pounds looks normal on me. 125 would probably make me look like an athlete.
If I was eating healthily and exercising really regularly, I would be ready to accept this as the new me. But I am not. And so I am now carrying around a picture of myself from college at what was probably my peak physical condition. And I have vowed that I will be there by July.
What does this include?
- Wearing a pedometer to track my miles/calories and adding 100 steps to it every day until July.
- Tracking my food rigourously
- Cutting sugar
- Jillian, Jillian, Jillian
- Begin training hard for that 5k that I have yet to sign up for
- Drinking 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Chanting "I know I can, I know I can" to the point of insanity