Monday, May 14, 2012

Reading Blitz/Big Announcement

I am considering a reading blitz this week. May is drawing to a close and soon we will be hitting the halfway point in the year. I am in a good place to also be halfway done with my personal goal of reading 100 books this year. However, it's not my goal to simply be right on target. I would really like to finish strong and ahead of the game. There is no telling what this fall has in store for me, so it would be better to be ahead of the game.

Speaking of the fall, I have a big announcement (which has already been announced on Facebook, but don't judge me!)

I will be attending Fontbonne University to obtain my M.A. in Theatre starting this fall!

I am so excited, I can't even begin to explain it. I am becoming more and more certain that I would like to teach and that educational theater is what I truly love. I had to choose between becoming certified to teach High School drama and speech, or working on my master's to potentially get a job at a university. Both are risky, since the demand for this profession is, frankly, not very high. I am choosing the master's because it is far more likely that I will be hired at a secondary school with a master's than hired at a university with only certification.

The classes look so interesting to me, there's no gen eds (yay!), and there's a professional theatre that takes place in the university. It's basically everything I've ever wanted!

I could go on and on about how excited I am. But I won't. Because I have financial aid to take care of and a job to work so that I can pay for this school!

No comments:

Post a Comment