Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday Goals and Updates

1. Be able to get my wedding ring off my finger

    I still can't do this, but I am so close. Maybe by the end of the month? I really hope so. My finger is starting to feel a little claustrophobic and if it doesn't come off soon I'm liable to try something drastic. Like a fad diet.

2. Register for my first 5k this year.

     I didn't register for it because of our current money situation. I've been on maternity leave for almost three months and that doesn't leave much in the bank for frivolous things. But I HAVE chosen it. I'm going to do a 5k run to benefit Heart for Africa. If you've never heard of it, go to their site. It's a phenomenal organization and I'm privileged to have many friends who have went with them to Swaziland.

3. Begin the Couch to 5k program

    I did begin it. I didn't do an awesome job at the first week, though. I ran the first day with pretty much no problem. Then it got cold. I mean bitterly cold. I tried to run again yesterday and only finished half of the training. I had tears streaming down my face from the wind hitting my eyes. I hate cold weather. Hate. It.

4. Drink 100 oz of water per day.

     I did this two days of last week. Two other days I drank at least 70. The other three days were iffy, but I did not go one day without drinking at least 16 oz. For really healthy people this probably seems really disgusting. But for someone like me who would sometimes go at least 4 days without drinking any water at all? It was pretty awesome. And it helped me to really become cognoscente of what I was drinking. And it wasn't all good, let me tell you.

5. Cook 4 days this week.

     Done and done. I am really starting to enjoy cooking. It takes all the stress out of paying for food everytime you eat it. I still am not a big fan of grocery shopping, but that will probably get easier with time.



And now for my new goals. I considered a lot what I would make my focus for this week. I think I will make it three-fold. I will be working on reading those 100 books and budgeting so as to attain my *2* monetary goals.

1. Read 200 pages of something per day
    
    I would prefer to make this a larger book of some sort, whether it be Jane Austen or John Piper. Just anything that would be impossible to finish in one day.

2. Read one book of the Bible per day
   
    I think I can do this. If I'm short on time there are many books that are just as short. :)

3. List all the items that we can sell on ebay/amazon
 
    We both have old laptops, cameras, and ipods that are really just collecting dust. We could sell these and easily have about $200 to either go into savings or to my student loan debt. Not to mention a lot of books that we will never read.

4. Plan our budget blitz.
 
    More on this later in the week.

5. Finish one book per day.

     If it's not a book that I'm reading 200 pages on, then I will grab a shorter book and just zoom through it as quickly as possible.

2 comments:

  1. FIVE-K! If we come and cheer you on...Can I call shot-gun on holding Noah while you run?

    ReplyDelete