Saturday, June 30, 2012

The End of the Shred

Wow. Here it is. The dreaded progress picture day. I was completely certain that I would be disappointed. I really slacked off the last 10 days. I ate kind of poorly and phoned in a few of my workouts. But now, seeing the pictures, I wish I would have worked a little harder!

I'm sure most of you realize this, but remember that a baby belly is incredibly hard to lose and my skin has not regained all of its elasticity (but I think it's definitely getting there). I only mention this because there are many people out there who are now participating in the 30 Day Shred and I don't want them to be discouraged because I don't have a six-pack! You might get one! I think I can feel mine under my skin even though I cannot see it just yet.

Sorry, I know that one is bigger than the other... but, still! Awesome!

Hoorah!
I can dig this! My shoulders look a lot better!
I started at 150 and I ended at 150, but who cares? Did you see those pictures? Also, I lost 1 inch from my waist, so I'll take it!

Overall, I loved the shred. I think it's a phenomenal workout for beginners who want to get serious. A few people have asked me if it's hard on your knees, and I hate to say that if you have knee problems you would not be able to get past level one, more than likely. Level one is on YouTube, so try it out!

I would also suggest that while you should always give it your all, you should NOT give up if you cannot get through each level without stopping. I only had one workout in which I did not have to take a break. Jillian wants to push you by telling you to not stop, and that is a great goal to have, but don't feel like you have to quit the workout just because you can't do everything she asks of you just yet. You will eventually!

I started my new ab workout today, and it's definitely a killer. I think it's going to really pay off, though! Also, I re-started training for that 5k and I'm ahead of where I was when I left off! Such a great feeling!

I decided to try to clean up my eating too, so I decided to try Bob Harper's "Skinny Rules." I am going to add one each week, starting today with Rule #1: Drink a large glass of water before every meal. I'll weigh in every Saturday (or Friday or Sunday... since I'll be on vacation next week). Just wondering how effective the skinny rules will be with a normal exercise program.

Stats
Weight: 150
Waist: 36"
Hips: 40 1/4"
Thigh: 23"

No comments:

Post a Comment