Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goals Update and a very late "Monday" Goals Post

    1.Re-read the Harry Potter Series Read 7 books

   
      I read 3 books. But, once again, I spent a great deal of time in my Bible. I also got 100 pages into "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." I didn't meet this goal, but I still think that I'm well on my way to 100 books by the end of this year, which is, really, the reason behind making these mini-goals.
     
    2.  100 Fitness Minutes

     
        You know what? I didn't do this AGAIN last week. But I did download some awesome fitness apps. The good news is that I've already done 30 minutes for this coming week. I can't fail three weeks in a row. I just can't.
     
    3. Clean our room and bathroom





       
        I worked on this, but it just ended up getting demolished again. Our bedroom is just the most convenient place to stow things when we have guests.
     
    4. Cook 3 times.
        
        I cooked supper only once this past week. I'm still pretty proud, though, because I made lunch everyday. Even if it was just a turkey sandwich.
    
    5. Register for a 5k/begin making plans to return to running
        
        I haven't registered yet, but I have planned what will be my farewell to the running season for 2012. It's the Route 66 Marathon Relay in November. We'll have to travel to Tulsa, OK for it, but I think that that could be either a fun family vacation or a good chance for me to get away sans baby. I'm not ready to do that yet, but by November I probably will be.





  

      As for new goals:

    1. Finish the Bible and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"

        I am about halfway through the Bible and don't have too much further to go with Huck. Also, I am vacationing at Tan Tar A while my husband attends a music conference. This means I am in a cabin at Lake of the Ozarks with nothing to do except relax and read for the next 3 days. It's awesome.


    2. 100 freaking fitness minutes
 
        Like I mentioned earlier, I have 30 done now and I am in love with my Nike training app. I don't think that this will be an issue for once this week.


    3. Catch up on work



        I have a lot to catch up with as far as at-home work. Student evaluations to type up from last week, books to buy (I AM at a music conference, after all), and calls to make.

    4. Work on a budget

        We are starting to believe I may be able to work at home in the near future. This means we may need to tighten our belts or at least start being more aware of where it's going. Fortunately, there's an app for that!

     5. Get Peanut on a schedule.


        I'm bad at scheduling myself, much less a child. That, I have determined, will end this weekend.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment