Saturday, April 14, 2012

Wow. I'm flying through these!

#8 Have my first solo garage sale

Today I had my first garage sale in a new house. It was quite thrilling, especially since we really started working on it at about 9:00 last night. Jordan went with a friend to get tables from his mom, and we took all of her things that she couldn't sell at her last garage sale. Abbi and I priced all of our stuff and hauled it upstairs to the living room for me to put out this morning.

At 6:00 my alarm went off. Then at 6:09. 6:18. 6:27. Finally at 6:36 I rolled out of bed, put on some sweatpants, and made some coffee.

I didn't know that they had brought so much from my mom in law's house. There were about 5 trash bags full. I ran around like a mad person and finally ended up with this:

 It was basically a hot mess, but it worked. There was a bunch of stuff not priced, and I decided that anything not priced could just go for 25 cents. It must have worked well, because for a garage sale, I totally made a haul.
This was my ghetto-rific money box.
I'm thinking about leaving my stuff up and having another sale next week and just making everything 25 cents. Anything left I will just give to good will. Hooray for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment