Monday, April 16, 2012

Concert

Saturday Jordan and I not only got to see a concert, we got to open for it! Check and check number 53.

This has been the works for a while, but the week leading up to the concert was one of the most stressful and crazy weeks we have had in a while. We ended up not being able to practice with our band until the day of the concert. I was probably the least talented musician there, though, so it all turned out great anyway. It's amazing to listen to people who truly know how to make music and not just play an instrument.

The concert was at the new contemporary Methodist church and it was also our Christian radio station's birthday bash. Jonny Diaz (More Beautiful You) and Todd Agnew (Grace Like Rain) were the headliners.

We drove thru Taco Bell before the concert. Big mistake for me. I don't know if I've ever been that sick from eating fast food before. I had been eating very healthily for the past week, so I'm sure that had a lot to do with it. I'm already feeling sugar withdrawals (shakiness, nausea), so I'm sure my body wasn't ready for the grease-filled splendor that is Taco Bell.

I then proceeded to take a Jillian Michael's fat burning pill. Big mistake number two. Those things are pure caffeine. By the time we got onstage I was shaking and jumping around and basically running around in little circles. It was fun for everyone else to watch, I'm sure.

I think it turned out fine though.


We met Jonny and Todd and both were great people. It's funny to meet artists in a setting like that. It makes them feel a little less untouchable. I'm thinking about buying both of their albums as soon as I can justify it.


In other news, I am officially 149 lbs! Hooray for being below 150!

No comments:

Post a Comment