Friday, September 16, 2011

Trimming Down the Book List

November 14 is D-Day.

I have the next three days completely off work and I can't imagine a better project to spend my time on than getting back into my reading groove. Admittedly, summer has been really difficult for me, starting with finding out I was pregnant and being attacked by the morning sickness and then I just could not bring myself to just sit and read for extended periods of time. I don't know if it was the weather or just being in a new house that was begging to be organized. But I think I'm back and I really really believe that I can actually finish this thing if I just log enough hours into it in this home stretch.

59 days left to read about 67 books. You know, I really think it might still be doable. Granted, it would have been a lot more fun to have set a steady pace for myself, but I'm still pretty proud. I've finished off a couple of books today already and I realized while looking at my list that I've started at least 3 of the books on there already.

I'm starting to look towards the future a little in terms of goals for after November 14th. I mean, after all, a blog has to have some sort of purpose, right? I think I may give myself the holidays off, but after peanut gets here, I am thinking I may start training for some marathons. Anyone want to be my marathon buddy?

No comments:

Post a Comment