Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And another two!

  1. Finish "The Wednesday Sisters" (I'm so close!)
  2. Finish crocheting this baby blanket (that is NOT for me!)
  3. Deep clean my house
  4. Go grocery shopping
  5. Do all the laundry
  6. Raise the remaining $1400 to get us to Joseph!
  7. Get to the bank and sign some paperwork
  8. Read "Holy Discontent"
  9. Finish "It" (which, by the way, is a lot longer than I thought it would be!)
  10. Run. A lot.
I also ran today and did almost all the laundry AND went to several area businesses asking them to buy ad space for Joseph. I also read a minuscule amount of "It," probably only about 5 pages.  I'd say, overall, I had a really productive day. Not going to lie, though, I really doubt that I will finish "It" by the end of the week.

I loved "The Wednesday Sisters" and would recommend it to anyone, especially for a good summer read. I hate to say too much, for fear of giving it away, but the book really made me miss my good friends I made in college. I am in the process of making new ones. But the really good friendships, as most of you probably know, take years. And I am impatient for them.

"Holy Discontent" was also good. It was a breeze to read, it only took about two hours to get through. I would also recommend this book for people who want to start serving the Lord in crazy and outlandish ways. "Holy Discontent" is a good introduction to living that kind of life. Please don't stop with this book, though. It only touches the surface of what it means to live a life of unwavering servant hood to the Lord. After this book, I would recommend you pick up "Crazy Love" and read it immediately. It talks about the same subject matter, except it basically removes "you" from the equation. Great great great book.

Tomorrow I head back to the grindstone at the office. Yay. But tomorrow evening I have to myself (Jordan will be at praise team practice). Finishing the laundry is priority number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment