Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fondue Fun

I had my first fondue experience outside of chocolate tonight. Jordan and I fired up our fondue pot, filled it will oil and dipped chunks of meat into it to cook it. Chunks of meat dipped in oil. Healthy, healthy us.

Speaking of healthy, I can hardly wait for spring to get here so that I can start running again. I just can't bear to get out in the cold to start. I walk outside and just quit immediately. But one of the perks of working for a hospital is the ability to use their gym seven times this month without paying. Honestly, you would think that they would let you just use their gym if you were an employee, but I suppose that they ARE a not for profit. I think that this will be good, though. I'm feeling inspired and I'm tired of the couch, no matter how productive I am there.

I have been reading through the Bible. I just finished Exodus and am almost through Leviticus, which accounts for the slow going. I have to say, though, that my new favorite character in the Bible are in Exodus. "Then the Lord said to Moses, "See, I have chosen Bezalel, son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, ability and knowledge in all kinds of crafts... (Exodus 31:1-3)" It was so edifying to me to read that God himself had filled him with the ability to build the tabernacle that He commanded to be built. Read back a few chapters and you realize the ornate way in which the holy objects of the Lord were to be made. Basically, Bezalel knew how to make beautiful things that were not particularly needed or necessary to most of the people in Egypt. But the Lord thought that they were beautiful. And He wanted the items that Bezalel could make in the place where He would reside.

No comments:

Post a Comment