Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ah. Success.

I finished my portfolio and sent it in on Saturday. Now all there is to do is wait and see what they think of it and if they like me enough to call me in for an interview. I hope so. I would hate to have announced to the world that I'm going back to grad school in the fall only to find out that I'm not even accepted.

I read "The Hunger Games" from cover to cover today. It really IS very good, although post-apocalyptic/government-controlled futuristic novels freak me out a lot. I could sleep after I finished 1984 in high school. I can't help but wish that the author would have left the romance out of it. I know, I know, it's obviously what sells to the younger crowd-- It's just getting old with me.

I tried to read another book that I don't think I'm going to name because I hate it so much and I'm afraid that the author might be the type that would google his book's title to see what people are saying. It just reads like a high schooler's blog. I had to put it down after one chapter. It is very easy to read, mostly because he repeats himself so much that you can just skim over most of the book and still get the gist. I will probably finish it, but only a chapter at a time. I just can't handle it.

I've also started working on getting through the Bible from beginning to end. This is so hard, not because I find it boring, but because I've started trying to do this so many times that Genesis is... well, ok, getting a little boring. Only because I know what is coming, though! I think I will finish Genesis tonight, though, and I would love to get through the Bible by the end of February. I don't know if it's possible, especially since Numbers will probably really slow me down, but I would like to try. I might scatter in some shorter books too, just to get my numbers down.

I had a Pampered Chef show this weekend. It went pretty well, which is what finally made a dent in my numbers. I'm not going to get double points in February, but oh well. I've recruited two girls and I'm about to hit $1250 in career sales. That means 6,000 points that are basically guaranteed in February.

I haven't received any mail yet for Joseph, but I'm really hopeful for this week. Will keep everyone posted on Acting Out!'s progess, when we make some.

Books to read: 89
Day: 77

Points to Europe: 129,712
Days left: 326

Budget for Joseph: $9,970
Days left: 81

Days to complete portfolio and send in: 3

1 comment:

  1. SIUC would be dumb not to pick you. Plus, with you being there...we would have someone to crash with!

    ReplyDelete