Monday, August 6, 2012

Hello Somebody and Confessions


1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water, and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation.

Confession: I am failing at this $2.00 a day challenge. 

I have tried to think of good reasons that I am failing: I am busy. My body isn't used to that little food. I need to be at the top of my game all the time as a mom.

But the simple fact is that I love food and it's hard for me not to partake with friends. And I love food.

It's unbelievable to me that I can eat so much that I love food and don't think of it as a necessity for survival, but a luxury to enjoy.

Lord, help me to understand how blessed I am. Give me self control. Make me frugal. Help me to be a good steward of everything You give me so that others might come to know You!

Hello Somebody
This organization might get my vote for the trendiest.

Hello Somebody was begun as a result of a mission trip to Honduras. The founder encountered children there who preferred food over toys. His initial goal was to provide one million meals that year.
Now they work in several areas through other organizations to better the world, including stopping sex trafficking, getting water to Guatemala and livestock to Rwanda, and rebuilding after tornadoes ravaged parts of the United States. If you choose to donate directly to Hello Somebody, you will be ensuring that children receive food, education, and personal development.

As an added bonus, Hello Somebody has a store with some rockin’ merchandise. Seriously, I would buy everything in their store if I could. It ranges from CD’s to clothes to fragrance and all of it is great quality and superbly artistic.
 Please continue to consider sponsoring a child this month! Specifically children that have been waiting for a sponsor for over 6 months. You could help give them a future!

No comments:

Post a Comment